The comments and information noted about the courses are a combination of public information, those gleaned from The Vegas Golfer magazine, the LVRJ newspaper, other golfers, and my own experiences & thoughts. I tried to give unbiased comments (well for the most part) to help your selection of courses to play. If I know of a link for any course, it is listed at the end of the comments for your further planning information - however, I did notice most of the rate information is very out-of-date on some of these sites.
The following information lists general comments and notes for all courses listed.
1. Most of the courses have a dress code that includes the following:
MEN: Shorts must be mid-thigh, no cutoff's. Shirts must be worn at all times, with collars and sleeves - no tank tops
LADIES: Shorts must be mid-thigh, no cutoff's. Halter tops and tank tops not accepted.
2. The majority of our courses have switched to a "soft spikes only" requirement. This is better for the greens ( even though I miss the clack-clack of the metal spikes ) and I can tell the difference in the putting.
3. The courses listed have a beverage cart continually driving the course so that you may purchase drinks, limited snacks, etc, right on the hole you are playing.
4. All courses have a full clubhouse with pro shop, restaurant, bar, driving range, practice putting area, etc., unless otherwise noted.
5. Some courses offer reciprocal agreements with other clubs, or organizations, and may offer discounts. Inquire about that availability from the course you choose.
6. The yardage for each set of tees is followed by the Rating/Slope (when available) assigned by the USGA.
7. The rates and reservation times shown are for nonresidents. I did not include resident rates or special information, as this site is for the Las Vegas visitor.
8. Walking is allowed on the following courses: Black Mountain., Boulder City, Calvada Executive, Craig Ranch, Desert Rose, Desert Willows, Las Vegas Golf Club, Los Prados, Nellis AFB Sunrise Vista, TPC - Canyons, and the Par 3 courses.
9. Where available, I have included a small .jpg or .gif photo at the end of that course's description. Click on the photo to see a larger image.